Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pesto anyone?

I absolutely adore Pesto sauce.  I eat it on pasta, chicken, bread, I'd probably eat it on ice cream.. never mind, No I wouldn't.

Anyway, I was watering the garden and collecting cherry tomatoes and cucumbers, and I noticed that our basil had gone CRAZY!!! it was so big and tall!! I simply had to cut it back right? For the health of the plant!! Side note: My mom is a horticulturist at the NC Zoo, she's taught me well.

So I come back inside with both my hands full of fresh basil and a hankering for pesto.  Uno problemo!! Our food processor broke during our move, and we haven't replaced it yet. Well several cuts to my fingers later, I had a very roughly cut 2 cups of basil.  I saved some of the water I boiled my pasta in (like maybe 1/2 cup), threw in some olive oil, 1/2 tbsp of butter (don't judge me.. I'm Southern), 2 cloves of garlic minced, salt & pepper to taste, and a splash of white wine. At the last second I tossed in the basil so that it would be coated in the rest of the sauce and kind of mix in with the rest of the sauce.  Then I simply added the pasta (I used vermicelli, but you can use whatever your precious heart desires!), and tossed it all together.
Bon Appetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment