Saturday, May 7, 2011

Bossypants...

I'm currently reading "Bossypants" by Tina Fey.. I got it to entertain me on my trip from WA to NC. It's pretty good, but it's not what I was expecting. I enjoyed the beginning, reading about Ms. Fey's childhood, and how she got her start in "show business" (spoiler: summer theater).  I got lost somewhere in the middle when she starts talking about business. Blah Blah Blah, I don't care too much how many writers and producers they have on SNL or 30 Rock, Nor do I care about the Harvard graduate to Actor ratio. I like to laugh. I wanted to laugh. I wanted to annoy the person next to me on my 6 hour flight with my constant giggles. Alas, I think I have possibly laughed out loud 3 times with this book. She does give a funny takes on photoshop, breast feeding, and how she got her scar. She discuses in depth how the now famous Sarah Palin impersonation came about, and how she was admittedly condescending towards her when they met in person.

 I guess the bottom line, for me at least, if you're a Fey fan, It's a good read, if for no other reason, than to know a little bit more about her. If you'd like to know and understand the inner workings of SNL or creating and producing 30 Rock,  pick it up!! But if none of these things interest you, then it's a pass for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment