Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Last Night at Chateau Marmont..

First off, Let me just say that I am a slightly boring individual, and I read really fast so.. Book reviews will happen quite frequently..


Okay, so on my aforementioned road trip yesterday I read "Last Night at Chateau Marmont" by Lauren Weisberger. I've really liked her first 3 books, and "The Devil Wears Prada" is one of my favorite movies, this book did not disappoint. It was a fun quick little read about a hardworking wife who works 2 jobs to support her aspiring musician husband. The book goes by quickly detailing his rise to fame and the subsequent demise of their marriage.. Will the Alter's survive? Read it to find out!! and perhaps while you're at it, you'll pick up some of the author's earlier work. What I love about Lauren Weisberger's work is her ability to blend the current and real with her made up brand of fun. Her mentions of real celebritys like John Mayer and Jay Z with the fake sleazy agent "Leo".

Plus.. who doesn't love books with shoes on the covers?!



I'm about to finish "Lies that Chelsea Handler told Me" so I'll probably review that tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment