Thursday, June 16, 2011

Initials...

Maddie at the Zoo
This summer, when I'm not working at Curves, I'm working as a nanny for Maddie. We have a pretty fantastic summer planned out, but yesterday we modge-podged these wooden letters. I should have thought to take a picture of hers as well, but I forgot. Here are mine!!
The original letters were plain gold, which was nice enough, but I am not a fan of gold...
The finished "B". I used cream and brown toile scrapbooking paper because it was 50% off at Hobby Lobby!!   
The finished product, Hubby approved. 


Since we still don't know where we'll be PCSing, or if we'll live in base housing, or just get an apartment, who knows where these will end up, but I Love them!! And the Hubs was really impressed with my crafting skills. I think he thought I would be terrible at it so he was wary of letting me make things to put in our home. He told me last night that he was totally okay with me decorating the house now that he saw an example of my "impeccable taste".

No comments:

Post a Comment