Friday, July 22, 2011

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road...

 I recently started leasing a space at the new consignment store downtown.  I've been collecting Wizard of Oz stuff since I was "knee high to a grasshopper" (I Love that saying!!).  I have been fascinated and in love with the Wizard of Oz since age 3.  It was the first movie I remember watching, the first book I remember reading, and the first play I was ever cast in (as a Munchkin, Ozian and a Crow... The stage version has crows in the scene with the scarecrow), really W of Oz was my first love.  People have given me W of Oz stuff for birthdays, holidays, Tuesdays, all my life.  Auntie Gail joined the Hallmark Ornament Club so that she could get the "exclusive club member" ornaments for me every year (she's an amazing person).  Anyway, after much thought, I decided that it was time to get rid of my Oz Collection.  I've decorated with it in our last 2 houses, displayed it.. Even decorated our Christmas tree with it one Christmas while my parents were out, but now that I'm married, and married to a Marine, I don't see us using W of Oz stuff to decorate our home, nor do I see the point in packing it up every few years, carting it across the country, or worse, having it get broken by military movers.  I researched and found that some of my collection is actually worth quite a lot of money.  So it is all for sale now at Ken & Amelia's (located in Downtown Asheboro, across from the Sunset Theater). Check me out!!


Quite the Collection, if I do say so myself..
 After I set everything up I decided that it needed a little something special... I had a perfectly BRILLIANT idea. I bought this plain boring rug at habitat for humanity for $2.00...

Shampooed and Vacuumed it...

Taped it all off, and spray painted it..

Voila!!!
I created a Yellow Brick Road!! Feel free to lavish your praise on me!! I don't really want to sell the rug, but Everything is for sale!!

No comments:

Post a Comment