Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hard Boiled Eggs

Hate when this happens?
 I am kind of a master at hard boiling eggs.  I mean it, I get perfect hard boils every time.  The secret.. or a few secrets.. are in the eggs.

1. Use old eggs.  I mean it, They peel easier.  If you like hard boiled eggs a lot (excellent source of protein), and you buy eggs at the store reserve 3 or 4 and store them separately.  Eggs that are 2-3 weeks old are perfect!! Personally, I date my eggs before I put them in cartons.

2. Salty water takes longer to boil.  If you like to boil your eggs with salty water, add the salt when the water is at a rolling boil. Same goes for pasta.. Add the salt after the water is boiling.

3. Bring the water to a boil first, then add the eggs!!

After I bring water to a boil, and add my eggs, I then turn the heat off.  I leave the pot on the eye and set a timer for 15 minutes.  When I'm ready, I pour the hot water out and add cold water to the pot. I crack the shells and peel them off (I save my eggshells for my girls, they will FIGHT over eggshells..)

Voila!! Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Every time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment