Monday, July 25, 2011

Stars and Stripes no more..

I went thrifting with my mom recently.  I got a ton a furniture, for like $30. My first completed project was this chair..
It had lots of potential..

It wasn't terrible, but it was far from great.

It had been blue, then white, then red and white striped, then half red... It was a mess.
Painter's Tape. Use it.

I took the seat off...


The seat cushion, was sadly attached with hot glue. I re covered it with this cutesy scrap of chicken fabric my mom had..
The bottom of the actual seat was horribly warped and cracked..
I used a smaller scrap of green fabric to cover the sad seat bottom.  Then finished covering the cushion..
I tried to center the chicken stripe, but it wasn't wide enough.
I painted the whole chair yellow (Valspar Golden Maize), and actually I'm pretty pleased with the results.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment